Looking to jump into the wonderful world of Web3 and the metaverse, but don't know where to start?
Well look no further!
From NFTs (Non-Fungible Tokens) to DAOs (Decentralized Autonomous Organizations) to DeFi (Decentralized Finance), we cover all the fundamentals of these areas from a culture + community perspective.
NOTE: when we mention the "metaverse", we don't just mean Facebook's new re-brand to Meta 😉
We're taking all we know about building communities for blockchain-based projects, plus content from our recent cohort-based Meta-Community Micro-Accelerator (valued at over $4K+), and are compressing it into an affordable, self-paced, online course for YOU!
Why culture & community?
If you're from a traditional industry or profession, or are curious but non-technical, building "community" is the #1 ingredient needed to succeed in this space.
It's one of the easiest-to-grasp entry points when getting up-to-speed with the ecosystem.
While the 2010s were all about personal brands, the 2020s are quickly becoming about community brands. This is why most successful NFT or DAO projects emphasize the power of "community", and why some are even getting acquired for millions due to their community + brand power.
Understand the fundamentals
So instead of getting bogged down in technical jargon, we analyze the shift in human behaviors shaping this emerging, trillion-dollar industry. By understanding the fundamentals, you'll have a better understanding as to WHY things are changing, and then how best to prepare for it.
What you get
- Access to a self-paced, online-course (valued over $4K)
- Over 10+ hours worth of video content
- Unique templates + frameworks (e.g. Notion, Miro, Canva)
- Access to interviews with high-profile meta-community builders
- Access to a private community
What is a meta-community?
Although we'll dive more into it in the course, a meta-community is an umbrella term we coined used to describe the future of communities, which typically leverage blockchain technology and/or mixed realities.
The course is divided into four over-arching sections:
- Part 1 - Introduction
- Crash course in Web3 & the metaverse
- What is a meta-community?
- Meta-Community Dynamics & Alchemy frameworks
- Community Purpose & Avatars
- Part 2 - Establishing Your "Home"
- Meta-community platforms
- Establishing house rules
- Evaluating onboarding & access
- Governance structures
- Part 3 - Creating Community Experience
- Rhythms & Rituals
- Culture & Vibes
- Tools & Responsibilities
- Part 4 - Launching Your Minimum Viable Community (MVC)
- Meta-Community Blueprint
- Meta-Community Totem
Estimated time to complete: 8-10 hours
Who is this for?
✅ This course is for people who are:
- Professional marketers, strategists, product managers, or community builders
- From traditional industries or backgrounds
- Looking for ways to potentially consult in the space
❌ This course is not for people who are:
- Looking for highly-technical content (e.g. coding, trading, flipping)
- Graduates in anthropology or sociology unwilling to learn anything new
- Looking to make a quick buck from NFTs or crypto trading
- Wanting solo training on setting up Discord communities
- Seeking to create an ICO, token or unregistered security without utility
What our students have to say
"This has been a great course. The community was very intimate, inclusive, and welcoming." -Niteesa
Faiā team - this needs to be an actual required course that community managers go through." -Shauna
"I have told a lot of people that this is the best course I have ever taken."
"Awesome course! It went by so fast! I could have done this a for a couple more days! Thank you so much :)"
"Thank you so much for this! It exactly what I need to have the clarity and confidence to move forward with my (our) idea. I'm excited to see what we create next. You guys definitely presented the information in an engaging manner and it will only get better."
"I think it was really good value, and I loved the facilitators and everyone else in the class!"
"Loved the course! Loved the energy!"
Average course rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️☆ (4.8/5)
Who are the instructors?
George Siosi Samuels is the Managing Director of Faiā, a meta-community agency created in 2018 to prepare for a future where communities would become more pivotal to the success of blockchain-based projects. Faiā trains, advises, and builds "meta-communities" for traditional or non-technical business-owners and professionals. George is passionate about the intersection of communities and technology.
If you're interested in getting a crash-course on Web3 and the metaverse, from an uncommon yet vital area (community-building), join us!
Access to a self-paced, online course